Tuesday, February 13, 2007

title page #1


I borrowed this copy of The Polysyllabic Spree from my local library. I like libraries. This is a brand new book. I thought I was the first to borrow it. But someone had been there before me. Someone who doesn't think that Writing In Books is Satanism. Someone who couldn't find a more apposite book in which to express their views. A book called "Catholicism Is Great" for example, or "Religions I Have Known". The library is located in Kings Cross. Our epigrammist could have found many many examples of Satanism just outside the door. Why did they choose the Hornby book? There may be some things we are just Not Meant To Know.

9 comments:

AngryMan said...

The location may not have been the best, but it does have a ring of truth to it. But not the one from The Lord of the Rings, a different type of ring. Maybe one that the Green Lantern used.

Bill C said...

Does seem a strange choice. Wait! Didn't I get a not-so-terse blog comment from this person?

Cissy Strutt said...

angryman: Maybe the ring around the (dog) collar.

mr jam: They may be related, but this message is blessedly succinct.

AngryMan said...

Maybe the ring around the rosey (sp?)?

Forrest Proper said...

It may be a hidden message- "Catholicism is Satanism" is probably an anagram for "Miss Cathy lost Sam's cinnamon" (I'm assuming anyone stupid enough to scrawl in books also can't actually spell).

It looks to me like a come-on for the new spice aisle at the local Walmart.

Cissy Strutt said...

You've started something now, Colonel. There is another message. "I claim his mass station."

Forrest Proper said...

I am ashamed.

But you are assuming he can spell...

Cissy Strutt said...

You are assuming he is a he ...

Anonymous said...

He's a recently converted Jew, sent mad by hunger, with only a cat for company.

I miss ham. Cat isn't social.