Thursday, May 24, 2007

Wigfield

Oh happy happy joy joy. Read this immediately, it's a romp. Amy Sedaris, Stephen Colbert & Paul Dinello serve up a souffle of crack cracks. Come to Wigfield, with its three mayors, nine titty bars, and mysterious fires and gruesome deaths too numerous to enumerate. Our guide to Wigfield, Russell Hokes, races to write 50,000 words (as required by his reluctant publisher) before the damn Dam explodes in a shower of concrete and well-placed fireworks.

Thanks to Colonel Colonel for pointing us in the direction of Wigfield, the Can-Do Town that Just May Not.

3 comments:

Phoebe Fay said...

Oh I've GOT to get that!

I love Stephen Colbert, and I just gave my nephew Amy Sedaris' "I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence." It was a scream.

Yay. Happy day.

FreeOscar said...

You all have to netflix Strangers with Candy tv series.

Forrest Proper said...

I'm glad you liked the book! We just saw Amy last night on an episode of "My Name is Earl". Her brother David talks about her in some of his books, sometimes at length. In one he goes into her habit of going out in disguise, and putting on a fat suit during one of their father's visits to New York, which just about broke dad's heart. A very funny family.